Nowadays, business enterprises are geographically spread all over the world. In order to conduct business and keep employees updated, multinational corporations use FileCloud which offers totally secured data control that can be accessed through various clients in spite of their location. FileCloud is a self managed and hosted file access and sync solution which also offers clients mobile access through Windows, iOS and Android Phones. One is also able to sync clients in support of Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems. FileCloud, with use of WebDAV clients, can also be mounted like a Windows, Linux or Mac drive.
Once access is provided, any up-to-date browser for instance Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari can connect to FileCloud. Moreover, access is also provided through the use of the Android App or Apple iOS App.
The FileCloud features are:
- Multiple Storage
- File Sharing
- High ease of use structural design
- Multiple host occupancy
- Desktop Sync Cross Platform – Windows, Linux & Mac
- Secure Access
- Self hosted & managed
- File Comments & Activity Stream
- Embedded File Upload Form
- Document Preview & Edit
The FileCloud Storage, Sync & Backup features are:
- Maximum Large File Size Support
- Unlimited Storage Limitation
- Unlimited File Versioning
- Local Storage Support
- Storage Sync
- Backup Multiple Folders
The FileCloud Hardware System requirements are:
- 2 GHz or higher Dual Core CPUs (Quad Core recommended)
- 4GB RAM (higher the better)
- Storage through Physical Disk Drive, NAS, SAN et cetera
- As required free disk space
- A public Internet Protocol (IP) address for the FileCloud Server. Generally, since dynamic IPs offered by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) change frequently, for the server, use a static IP to access this site.
- The FileCloud Server requires high quality network connection. For upload and download capabilities a minimum speed of 512 Kbps or faster speed is required.
- Generally a domain name for instance, mycompanycloud.com or cloud.mycompany.com. A domain name can be acquired from a domain registrar that addresses the DNS for that domain name to the FileCloud Server’s public IP.
- For best security, a valid Secured Socket Layer (SSL) certificate is needed to setup the domain name and use https with the FileCloud Server.
The browsers supported by FileCloud are:
- Apple Safari 6.0 and over
- Google Chrome 25.0 and over
- Mozilla Firefox 24.0 and over
- Internet Explorer 9.0 and over
The essential function of FileCloud sharing is to allow users with regards to certain authorizations to share a file or folder. The file or folder can be shared with any other user in the FileCloud System. The shared file shows up as “Shared with Me” in the user’s shared folder. Access is provided as a “Guest” to any other non-FileCloud user. No verification is needed for the general public to access the file. Moreover, to control access to the read, write or shared permissions of the shared resource is probable.
Do login to the site http://www.globalpolicynetwork.org/, for more information.